Monday, November 13, 2006

Tis the season to get sick!

So far Dan and I are the only ones who have not gotten "knocked out" sick. We have gone all spring and summer with out dealing with a bug. But allergies have tried their best. This weekend was Clay's turn to get sick. Today he is home from school - currently sleeping in my bed. Thankfully his fever broke late morning. I don't really think it's the "Flu" bug, but then again the flu can take many forms. Still, we won't be getting shots.

I found a recipe for an electrolyte drink that I can make at home. It's safe for Clay because he can't have Dextrose, which is found in Pedialyte and Gatoraide. 1qt boiled water, 2 T honey, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda. That's it. Lasts about 1 week in the fridge. It tastes good enough so that all my children will drink it if needed. And now I don't have to keep a stock in my pantry!

Dan is off to San Francisco for a couple of days. Then he flies from there to Washington D.C. to appear before an FTC board. All because of some buy out deal that a competing gas co is making in California. I won't see him until Friday or Saturday. November has been a rough month for him (= rough month for all of us).

We had to put a second transmission (in 4 years) in Dan's Explorer. We know we will have on going repairs with that car, but we did NOT!, I repeat, did NOT expect to have to replace another transmission so soon! Have I mentioned lately that I hate cars. ( I like the movie though! :))

Grandma and Grandpa bought the movie last week. Dan and the kids and I watched it last night for our popcorn/movie night. Dan hadn't seen it yet. The boys and I saw it in the theater. It's such a great movie!

Well, it's time for school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home