Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Leisure

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone! For the most part we had a great one. There were a few odd bumps in the the day, but we got through them.

The boys watched the Thanksgiving Parade on TV at grandma's house, while she was in her house baking and cooking, and Dan was in our house baking and cooking. I was in charge of a clean house, a pretty table, 2 homemade pie crusts, and the stuffing. Ye-haw! In this respect, my husband and I compliment one another superbly. He LOVES to cook up traditions and nostalgia. I however enjoy the challange of a completely new undiscovered recipe when it comes to entertaining. So he takes joy in cooking the Thanksgiving feast to the very last dollop of squash, just the way mom used to make! Go Hon!

My uncle Chuck (my mom's brother) came down from Longview, TX and spent the weekend with my parents......which means he kind of stayed with us too-(since we live next to one another :)) Because of the special guest, my aunt Jill (my mom's sister) came over every day to hang out while Chuck was here. We had a great time eating, playing ENDLESS games of Rook, and of course catching up. The weather was perfect for playing cards on the porch, but not so perfect if you need a cozy harvest feast eaten by the fire. I'm not sure it got up to 80* or not. All I know is that I was in short sleeves....!

The next day, we went out to my cousin Karen's house and had fun riding her 4 wheeler and motorcycle. My wild side just came out from deep repression somewhere. I could feel my thumb twitching to push the accelerator more...more....more!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok, so I only drove the 4 wheeler, but I did sit on her motor cycle. I'm trying to deny that I don't have the fever..... The evening ended with conversation by the light of a bon fire.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tomorrow, it's back to school, back to laundry, back to normal. Thank the Lord for Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home